Help your teenager build credit with a Share Secured Credit Card from Western Sun Federal Credit Union.
Kid’s Savings Accounts
Let Western Sun help you show the special kiddos in your life that saving money is fun AND important!
When you open a savings account for a child age 1-12 they will automatically be enrolled in our exclusive club, The Centsables. Opening the account is easy. Please bring the child's social security card or school ID and a minimum $5 opening deposit and they will be on their way!
We want to make it a little more rewarding for the kiddos to save up their pennies, nickels and dimes and bring it in to the credit union. We have a super fun website just for the kids which teaches about savings. We also reward the children who save at least $25 in their account with a movie party every summer. The kids also enjoy a coloring contest every year where we see the future Van Goghs of our era. Visit westernsunfcu.centsables.com for games & more information!
Green Teen Checking
Are you 13-17 and ready for a little independence? Sign up for our Green Teen Checking account.
- Exclusively for teens aged 13-17
- Enjoy a free ATM/Debit card with UNLIMITED ATM transactions*
- Free internet banking
- Use your phone to check your account balances, transfer money or whatever you need to do on the go!
- We’ll even pay you dividends monthly on a minimum $500 daily ending balance!
- Help save the planet! e-Statements are required for this account.
*Does not include surcharge ATMs. Teens must have someone 18+ on the account with them. Checks will not be issued but may be purchased. Upon 18th birthday, checking account will automatically be switched to our Regular Checking account.