Am I Eligible?

Questions about becoming a member of Western Sun?

Give us a call at 800.828.4771.

Am I Eligible?

Can I open an account?

You may if you:

  • Live, work, worship or attend school in Tulsa or Okmulgee County, OR

  • If you are an immediate family member of a current member (family members include: spouse, domestic partner, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, grandparents, step-grandparents, brothers, sisters, step-siblings, grandchildren, step-grandchildren).

How do I open an account?

  1. You will need to complete and submit a membership application. You can bring the completed application to any branch location or fill one out when you are here. When you have completed opening your account, you will receive disclosures and information regarding your account, including but limited to Rec CC, Reg E and a Truth in Savings Disclosure. To review before, please see our Membership Booklet.
  2. All we require is that you maintain a $5 minimum balance in your Savings account which is YOUR money, it is not a fee to open.

  3. If you return the application by mail, please include notarized photocopies of the following required identification:
    • Valid Driver’s License and one of the following, or valid State ID and two  of the following:
•  Certified copy of birth certificate                     •  Military ID with photo
•  Utility bill (in your name & address)                 •  Health insurance card
•  Rent receipt (in your name & address)           •  Employment ID
•  Original Social Security Card                            •  Pay stub (current)
•  Valid passport                                                      •  Student ID (current year)
•  Valid credit card                                                  •  Alien ID card with photo

If you are wanting a loan, once you are approved you will need to open a savings account with a minimum deposit of only $5. We would love to help you meet all of your financial needs.